Never Gonna Pay Back the Favours
Everyone has been so nice it's ridiculous.
- Rebecca, Paul, Malcolm and Mike helped me get the job with Weta Digital.
- Weta mostly paid for us to move here.
- James was graceful about me giving less than a week's notice.
- John was good about taking on the extra work.
- The Personal Telco board understood me bailing a month early on my presidential commitments (in the middle of an election).
- Gene and Tara let us (repeatedly) abuse their hospitality.
- The whole Seattle crew came down to see us off.
- Everyone bought our cheap stuff (apologies to Lori, who bought the Explorer which apparently died the day after we left the country).
- Our landlady helped us squeak out with less than 30 days notice.
- Rudy and Marianne didn't lynch me for dragging their daughter to the other side of the world.
- When we arrived, Mike, Rebecca and Tomek picked us up at the airport and took us out for breakfast.
- My parents flew up from Dunedin to help us get settled when we first arrived.
- Rebecca and Tomek let us stay with them and borrow their car.
- Michelle is loaning us her car.
- Mike says he'll help us find our own car, and everyone is finding spare stuff that we can use to fill our mostly empty house.
I don't know how my parents did this twice with me and my sister in tow. Thank you to everyone who helped!