Moving Home Wrap Up
- What time the movers are showing up.
- When our plan tickets arrive.
- The movers are supposed to show up on Friday.
It costs $3,455.73 to move a small room full of books and miscellaneous possessions from Portland to Wellington with less than a week's notice.
Elaborate usage of Alaska Airlines frequent flyer miles can get two people from Portland to Wellington for $2,500 with less than three days notice.
Air New Zealand doesn't do e-tickets.
Some travel agents are better than others (Stephanie Jung at Voyager Travel in Cannon Beach is great).
- We're staying at the Duxton Hotel when we get there.
- We are capable of building a network that no one can control but us.
- We are capable of extending the network to places where the incumbent's can't serve.
- We are capable of extending the network to places that the incumbent's don't want to serve.
- We are capable of keeping the pressure on the commercial operators and making them serve the public's best interests.
We've done a lot of groundwork that can help us achieve all this over the last two years, but we still need to focus and actually get this thing done. Let's not get too distracted by all the new toys.
No worries, I hear dreams travel across the 'Net almost as fast as light. We already miss you.